Spikey

Hi there...
When i speed up with my new gti-r 8) i have problems
shifting to the 3rd and 4th gear.
what s wrong? :cry:

Moved to Problem solving

J

justin666

Is this the R with LOW milage on it..???

Its not the gearbox mate, its your driving :p Its completely different to the gears on a push bike ya know :p

J...

G

GartracS2

lol

Does it crunch or is it just tight? First thing I would suggest is find out the history of what oil is int he box and in what quantity. Nissans have always suffered from weak mainshaft bearings period on virtually all boxes. The RS5F50 is quite a tough box and in your case if it isnt overfull and the 10 mm selector shaft to gear linkage bolt isnt overtight I would suggest that the syncro hub or parts of it such as baulk rings and spring loaded pins are worn causing poor shifting. The baulk ring you see has to come into contact with the syncro hub of the gear that you are selecting then basically screw itself onto the hub tight in order to syncronise the speeds of the two gears the easy way to tell is take out the mainshaft and strip it and if the baulk ring doesnt loac up on the 4th gear syncro hub its fooked.

I would need to see it to assess it more in depth.
PM me if you need a rebuild.

S

Spikey

justin666 said:
Is this the R with LOW milage on it..???

Its not the gearbox mate, its your driving :p Its completely different to the gears on a push bike ya know :p

J...
But why is that? :cry:
What am i doing wrong?
Have you had that?

S

Spikey

I just seem to push it between the 1st and 3rd. It just wont go in.
whould a short shifter help? :? :evil: