sheepdog

A

another sunny

any one got a sheepdog exhaust system fitted? i have just bought one and i am hoping it will be quieter than the JASMA system i have fitted at the mo!

gtir bean

so you are the one that outbid me?:doh: i used to have one and it was quiet ish.not near as quiet as my scorpion thou.i liked the sound off it thou.

youngsyp

If you currently have a JASMA certified exhaust and you're replacing it with a non JASMA certified exhaust (assuming the Sheepdog isn't ?!), chances are, the Sheepdog exhaust will be louder !

Looks like you'll have a buyer if you don't like it though ! :lol:

A

another sunny

certified? all i know is my mate used to have a JASMA rear box on his gtir and that was not loud at all, mine is a straight through system(no rear box) AND IS THE LOUDEST EXHAUST I HAVE EVER HEARD! all i want is an exhaust on a car that i can start up without the neighbours thretaning an asbo. Please tell me i havent wasted another £50(unlike every day so far that i have owned my gtir).
Who was it that said "dont buy a gtir on a budget".

Should have taken my white stick with me when i bought it.....

youngsyp

If it's that loud, it can't be a JASMA certified exhaust.
JASMA is a group that certifies exhaust systems in Japan. One of their criteria is the sound level output of the system. JASMA certified exhausts are generally accepted as being 'quiet'. So, your old exhaust wasn't JASMA certified by the sounds of it.

I've heard that Scorpion exhausts are fairly quiet ?!

You could get one made that would be quiet !