Sharing PFC maps?

Trondelond

Ok, so I'm going to have my car mapped soon, but I'd like to be able to drive it to the tuner without fear of blowing it up either.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a map suitable for my setup, perhaps it could be sensible to have a place we could share our maps? Granted - they do cost a bit to produce, but at the same time sharing them could save a fair bit of money if items are upgraded.

There are of course economic issues and politics involved, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

My relevant setup is :
600cc Nismo Injectors
3" exhaust
FMIC
Z32

..think that covers it.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The link worked for me when I checked it last night.

I've got various maps that cost me nothing to make which you could have.
There is no copy and paste map and you need to be carful as the ECU config for the injectors or interpretation of the MAF mean the high level might look the same but behind the scenes its different. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator would have a big effect too.

For what you need though Trond, just set the MAF to VG80 and the injectors to 74% and your car will get there fine. Let the tuner set the response time of theinjectors. Its not going to have much of an effect when pootling to their garage.

I think your injectors are a too small though for a 3071 so I wouldn't take it anywhere before checking that? Is it a mistake?

Trondelond

Sure, if you can be bothered! I'll pm you my email address.

Trip was kind enough to send me a map that might work, but with different injector size.
I've already had the car mapped for my current spec (sans the 3071 and z32), so I'm going to try to just switch to the Z32, monitor the wideband closely and drive off boost.

The 600cc might be too small, I agree. But as far as I can tell, the injectors should respond well to 4bar of fuel pressure, and I'll set that at the tuner's.

Then it will of course be time for stage 3, when I figure out what else needs to be changed if I don't blow up!