Setup

B

BigVern

I`ve just put a big intercooler on my GTI-R, i live in Stockport. And i need a good garage to set the car up. I don`t know of any descent garages. Does anyone know of a good one to take it too ?. Don`t mind travellin, any excuse to play in the car.
Many Thanx ! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

if you have just fitted a fmic, then it shouldnt really need setting up tbh, unless you have altered other parts aswell.
just turn the boost up a little which should compensate for any lag.
if you do want car setup then either racing line or horsham developments is the place to go! not sure how far away they are from stockport though

snoon

We had a GTIROC rolling road day at TDI North in warrington last weekend and it seemed a really professional place, they could set it up and not too far. I'm sure others on here might be able to speak from experience on this place as that was my first visit there.

Or John Noble motorsport in Chesterfield is where I take mine, Also not too far from you. They use a Dastec rolling road. It costs £70 + vat per hour on the rollers here. Can't speak on price for the others as have never been there for tuning.

Or as Boby said - The racing line in Halifax also not too far and they are good too. They use a Dyno Dynamics rolling road. They have worked on my pulsar with really good results at decent prices but never had it set up there.

geoff pine

why not try Prosport at heaton mersey we had a rolling road there last year dont think you could get one nearer.:doh:

B

BigVern

I`ve been there on friday, they won`t touch it. They were the people who put me on to joinin this club. But thanx anyway for replyin. Gimme a load of reasons and excuses.

B

BigVern

Thanx for the help, much appreciated. I`ll take it too HiTeq, i want the boost uppin a bit. I`m to hamfisted to do it properly myself.

B

BigVern

Thanx for replying, another member has given me a place in Wigan. Gonna take it there.

B

BigVern

pulsarboby said:
if you have just fitted a fmic, then it shouldnt really need setting up tbh, unless you have altered other parts aswell.
just turn the boost up a little which should compensate for any lag.
if you do want car setup then either racing line or horsham developments is the place to go! not sure how far away they are from stockport though
Thanx for replying, been given a place to take it Wigan.