setting crank to cams

M

madmax

hi im in the process of takeing the engine out of my r and putting a replacement one in, but the replacement engine i have got has no cams in it, but the bottom end has been rebuilt, so the problen is doin the job is easy enough but it is lining up the crank and the cams in my origonal head what im in the process of swapping over, can enyone help me it pics on where everything should be lined up on a in deapth description

J

jpward

madmax said:
hi im in the process of takeing the engine out of my r and putting a replacement one in, but the replacement engine i have got has no cams in it, but the bottom end has been rebuilt, so the problen is doin the job is easy enough but it is lining up the crank and the cams in my origonal head what im in the process of swapping over, can enyone help me it pics on where everything should be lined up on a in deapth description
Do a search there was a thread on here lately about it but in short there are marks on the timing chain wheels and these line up with coloured plates on the chain ;-) 11 links or something was also mentioned