Service Plan

J

Jon T

Is there one ? :S

Just interested in seeing it, and knowing what to save up for, etc.

A

Anonymous

I would like one as well since there are bugger all garages within a 300 mile radius of me that know anything specific about R's.

Keira

Theres some pdf files on gtiroz, There is one that gives service data specifications or something, mainly plug gaps, geometry settings, belt tensions, torque settings etc,etc.

At the top of this section there are some files from the manual.

If you want to carry out a service yourself, just look at doing transmission fluids (gearbox, rear diff, transfer box), engine oil and filter, plugs, fuel filter, coolant, pads and discs ( dependant on condition ), brake and clutch fluid, power steering fluid, tyre pressures, washer fluid.

Change dizzy cap and rotor head, clean out intercooler and oil seperator if you can be @rsed and check condition of cv gaters, belts and dampers for any wear and tear.

And look for any oil leaks anywhere from the engine.

Thats more than most garages are going to do anyway. 8)

J

jasegould

Thats more than most garages are going to do anyway.
There must be some shit garages round your way then

I have the service schedules for the R at work on computer, Ill try and get them posted.

Keira

Sure are,

Having mates who work in the trade i know that i'd rather do it myself, at least you know whats been done that way and you dont get ripped off with the ridiculous cost that some places charge for the privilage of doing it for you.

Dont have to worry about some muppet test pilot taking your car out for a little drive either :evil:

J

Jon T

A garage I've taken my old car to around here had a GTO in once, with a digital speed "record" thing, they took it out in turns to try and get the highest speed, I think a guy won with 140, it's only a short bypass just opposite.

Thanks for the replies anyway, looking forward to the things you have jasegould.

J

jasegould

Ill try my best but prob wont be for a while and only if I can cut and copy the whole lot onto here as there is loads to copy