Seperate External Wasties

A

Anonymous

Who else has a seperate gate and how have you fed it. Just looking for advice/pics as modifying a new £700 mani is not what I want to do.

My gate is not bolted to the turbo so I currently have a short pipe from my mani to it but since I have distroyed my mani I am looking at all other options.

Si.

PS my engine bay pic are here and you can just see the covered pipe

zia

is it not possible to get manifold with seperate screamer pipe for wastegate? i,e hks manifold

zia

A

Anonymous

not sure these are the things Im trying to look into now

E

Edd

there is a HKS manifold but like a lot of things it's for the 200sx and i think you need to move the rad further forward to fit it like those ones that were on ebay from the USA

S

Sirnixalot

if you want to put an external wastegate on the standard manifold see the pix below

You must drill a 3/4" port through the internal divider wall so the wastegate can control all 4 runners. Do not make it any larger than 3/4" or you will get turbulance in the manifold

A

Anonymous

I was after an uprated mani.

Nix I like your idea but how are you connecting the gate to the mani?

As I said before its taking an exhaust feed to the gate that I am interested in what people have done.

Si.

S

Sirnixalot

there is aa great big flange welded to the top....thats how you connect the waste gate to the manifold :lol:

A

antilag

greddy make a manifold for the gtir but no other parts so u have to make lbo's ect, there are two greddy designs to for the 180sx sr20det which will fit with sum slanting of the flange but u will probably want to change the flanges to suit your tubo anyway

A

Anonymous

So you have all modified your mani's. I take it that by the down pipe (cheeper to replace if I destroy this) the gases would be too cool?

A

Anonymous

dp motorsport do a tubalar manifold for our gti-rs.
2 versions one with its own external wastegate pipe... :D
about £700. 8) 8)