Second question of the day

paz

Ok, had a few different companies views on this, and a couple of mates, but being the cautious type I like to seek out as much advice as I can before I do anything.

If you've seen the question about the gauges/a pillar that can hold 3 gauges, this is related.

At the minute I'm looking at doing the usual R mod and turning my boost up to 1 bar. The car at the minute is standard with the exception of exhaust, HKS mushroom filter, uprated plugs and blow off valve.

I'm advised that to turn the boost up to 1 bar I need the following:
1) New uprated leads (although not all agree on this one)
2) Uprated fuel pump
3) In car adjustable boost gauge (don't want a bleed valve) that I was thinking about mounting in the centre console where the standard fit gauges sit.

As far as I remember thats all thats needed, along with a proper set up. I'm told that these mods should see me around the 280bhp mark?

Is there anything I'm missing here, anything else I should take into consideration (front mount will come next before any other big power mods) and any general advice on fitting/companies/cost I should bear in mind?

As always, appreciate your help

Cheers

Paz

G

GTI-R Kid

Uprated leads won't be necessary till you're pushing over 400bhp.

For a reliable 1bar car all you really need to add to your existing list of mods is the uprated fuel pump (walbro 255l/hr recommended by most on here) and a decent boost controller. The controller doesn't have to be big (A'PEXi AVC-R) and if you find a smaller one (GReddy Profec) then you can mount it out of regular sight of tea-leaves.

Mr GTiR

Hey what happened to the Fuel comp like the Apex i Super AFCII that i told you about :p

Told ya the plugs were a waste of time! :wink:

JU5TY

An uprated clutch would be top of my list…

A standard clutch will wear out at quicker @ 1 bar. Mine didn’t last long and my car had only done 30k.

paz

Mr GTiR said:
Hey what happened to the Fuel comp like the Apex i Super AFCII that i told you about :p

Told ya the plugs were a waste of time! :wink:
lol, oh yeah forgot about that. So would that as well as an uprated fuel pump to regulate it or instead of?

yeah you did tell me mate, should have listened, but like to get third, fourth and even fifth opinions after some of the clusterfucks on the paxo, and they weren't even engine mods ;) lol

paz

S

Sirnixalot

paz said:
I'm advised that to turn the boost up to 1 bar I need the following:
1) New uprated leads (although not all agree on this one)
2) Uprated fuel pump
3) In car adjustable boost gauge (don't want a bleed valve) that I was thinking about mounting in the centre console where the standard fit gauges sit.

As always, appreciate your help

Cheers

Paz
1) New leads arent needed but they wont hurt. The standard nissan bits are quite good.
2) Fuel pump...get it
3) Adjustable boost gauge? Ermmmm do you mean a boost controller AND a boost gauge? You should get a more accurate boost gauge with a larger range of reading than the stock one, so you actaully know what boost you are running. As for the boost controller...you will either need it or an uprated actuator to reach 1bar so....

paz

Sirnixalot said:
3) Adjustable boost gauge? Ermmmm do you mean a boost controller AND a boost gauge? You should get a more accurate boost gauge with a larger range of reading than the stock one, so you actaully know what boost you are running. As for the boost controller...you will either need it or an uprated actuator to reach 1bar so....
whoops, yup, meant in car boost controller so I can run high or low boost. I've got the aftermarket boost gauge already.... apologies for the confusion.

paz

Mr GTiR

Paz, u'll want a fuel controller to regulate the amount of fuel for the engine. i.e. running high boost will require more fuel.

Get the Apex i stuff (fuel - Super AFC II & boost - EVC) let me know when you want to order :wink:

paz

Mr GTiR said:
Paz, u'll want a fuel controller to regulate the amount of fuel for the engine. i.e. running high boost will require more fuel.

Get the Apex i stuff (fuel - Super AFC II & boost - EVC) let me know when you want to order :wink:
good good, so I'm talking uprated fuel pump, apexi fuel controller and in car boost gauge.... i know we've been through this before, but can ya whack me a pm with your prices on please buddy? ;)

paz

Mr GTiR

paz said:
Mr GTiR said:

good good, so I'm talking uprated fuel pump, apexi fuel controller and in car boost gauge.... i know we've been through this before, but can ya whack me a pm with your prices on please buddy? ;)

paz
and also EVC!!!

Electronic Valve Controller = boost controller :p

phone me for prices :wink:

paz

will do mate, let me find ou how much my bonus is gonna be and then i'll sit down with the calculator ;) lol

and bollocks bollocks bollocks, i put guage instead of controller again :evil: lol

paz

paz

Cheers for the info on the clutch jase & justy, prob gonna run the standard clutch till it goes then replace it ;) got a twin plate ready to fit anyway, just be the labour that'll be a bit pricey i would imagine.

paz

J

jasegould

just be the labour that'll be a bit pricey i would imagine.
At a garage it will be, many places prob wont want to do it, but there are a few people on here who will do it for a very reasonable price :D

paz

jasegould2002 said:
just be the labour that'll be a bit pricey i would imagine.
At a garage it will be, many places prob wont want to do it, but there are a few people on here who will do it for a very reasonable price :D
sound, thats what I like to hear ;)

By the way Jase, is that your car?

<------------------------

The bottom colour looks familar (mines all orange)

paz

Mr GTiR

paz said:
Cheers for the info on the clutch jase & justy, prob gonna run the standard clutch till it goes then replace it ;) got a twin plate ready to fit anyway, just be the labour that'll be a bit pricey i would imagine.

paz
what have i told you already fella, RING ME and i'll sort it :wink:

i have a mate who does work on my car at very very good prices lol 8)

paz

Mr GTiR said:
paz said:

paz
what have i told you already fella, RING ME and i'll sort it :wink:

i have a mate who does work on my car at very very good prices lol 8)
Yes uncle Chan :( :lol: cheers fella, keep forgetting - you'll soon see just how greeeeeat my memory is, honest :( lol

paz