screamer pipe..

A

Anonymous

hey does anyone have a screamer pipe on there R, and how loud is it.
now i Know here in aus it is illegal cause all exhaust gasses have to exit at the rear of the car, ive been told.. but that doesn't worry me, what may is if its too loud
So does it only make a noise or real loud noise when your on full boost or is it going to be constant as soon as you start comming onto boost.
also what does it sound like. ie just a real loud exhaust note, or like a suddun woosh of air, just curious as im getting a twin dump soon and it seems it would be easier to have a screamer pipe instead of returning it to the main exhaust.....

A

antilag

i have one on my car mate ans its just like a second exaust wen it comes to near max boost

A

Anonymous

Frank, yeah theres some made here in aus somone has a pic of one that sasha makes up doesnt have a screamer pipe though, but would be easy to make it have one, also theres another guy soon to be making a twin dump up, which is by far the best looking one ive seen, 3"primry pipe and not sure what the secondary pipe is both pipes run down past where the standard dump ends before the enter into each other i think.(small picture can be found on www.redlineau.com forum, go to performance then the post about dump pipes and you see a small pic of it on an r.second post down.(other then that just get the one thats being made there in the uk a hell of a lot easier)
ANTILAG--- WHEN YOU SAY JUST LIKE A SECONDARY EXHAUST NOTE, IS IT GOING TO BE LIKE DOUBLE AS LOUD AS THE MONGOOSE OR JUST A BIT LOUDER?AS WITH THE GOOSE ON IM ALREADY WAY OVER THE LEGAL DB LIMIT HERE.

A

antilag

well at the rolling road day at power engineering i thought mine was considerably louder then anyone elses and it was not even working properly.its very very loud to b honest mate

Nad

IMHO is doesnt really sound like an exhaust, its hardly a loud boom, more of a scream/whistle. Volume would probably depend on engine build and boost run, i.e. how much the wastegate is having to vent off when u hit a set limit.

They sound wicked :!:

Nad

A

antilag

well if we are talking about an external wastegate dump pipe then i dont no about anyone els's i can only speek for my self but its a pipe of the manifold thats blocked till the wastegate opens and wen it does it sounds like an exaust pipe because wen its open thats wat it is. unless u wanna fit a whissle in there or a kazzoo :lol:

A

Anonymous

ok then have been doing a lot of reading up on the net and am really confussed so i think ill just re-enter the pipe into the zorst..
most of people seem to say it is wicked and great cause theres no restriction at all
and others who seem to say they lost power when they turned there twin dump into a screammer pipe but there reasons why sounded very odd...
(wont bother writing them up cause they clearly didnt make sense)