screamer kit?

daz

a screamer pipe comes directly from the turbo on cars running an external wastegate. instead of the gases travelling down the exhaust with the other gases they are vented straight out via a separate pipe hence screamer pipe

O

Odin

GtiR`Bod said:
keep hearing about screamer kits can someone explain what exactly they are, how they work etc? thanks

A screamer pipe is needed when you fit an external waste gated turbo, This is the pipe that the waste gate dumps the exhaust gases out of, And can be plumbed back into the down pipe or to atmosphere, When its open to atmosphere you get the screamer noise ;-) ....

Hope this helps.

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Thunder God said:
D'oh I took to long typing lol.....

Rob

No no... You were right.... The other post commented saying that the pipe came from the turbo where as it actually comes off from the external wastegate as you stated correctly...

Rishi

O

Odin

tee said:
is it possible to fit a screamer to an internally wastegated turbo?

Yes you can, But you need a new dump pipe that separates the waste gate from the turbo outlet and you can then point the pipe where ever you like matey....

Rob

tee

okay nice one mate, but obviously it won't be as loud as if it had the externall wastegate tho

daz

doh well i knew what i meant lol not my fault im not able to type the same as i think lol

O

Odin

tee said:
okay nice one mate, but obviously it won't be as loud as if it had the externall wastegate tho

I don't see any reason why not, A waste gate is a waste gate and should all sound pretty much the same I'd of thought ;-) .....

I think its a bit of a chav mod to try and get one because you want to sound cool at the local berger king though :? :der: .....

Their are plenty of dump pipes on the market that will do the job for you :thumbsup: ...

Rob

ashleygtir

does an external wastegate make the same noice as a rally car when it comes off power? (im not talkin bout the bangin noise, but the dump vlve noise that keeps dumping, if that makes sence)

N

Ninja_tune_factory

if you want that sound buy a greddy type R BOV and you can sould like a rally driver all day LOL

O

Odin

ashleygtir said:
does an external wastegate make the same noice as a rally car when it comes off power? (im not talkin bout the bangin noise, but the dump vlve noise that keeps dumping, if that makes sence)

That could be the anti lag matey ;-) .....

Rob

N

Ninja_tune_factory

on the WRC scooby we go rallying with that dus the cheering sound your after and they have just changed the Actuator on the turbo theres no exsternal waste gate on it its just a after market Actuator

Last edited by a moderator: