Sandwich plate question

whytie

I'm looking for a sandwich plate that has a thermo in it an will also fitment for some gauges. I have a sandwich plate with gauge fitment's and also a mocal sandwich with thermo but can find one that does both. Anyone one know of any I tried mocal site but couldn't see any.

JIMMYBACK

never seen one fella i have to use two plates, it was a bit tight for a oil filter but it worked,
i now have a oil cooler relocation kit so that now doesn't matter

whytie

Guess I'll need to look into that then, would of preferred not to as I have everything else I needed.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Do you have to put the senders for your gauges in the sandwich plate; can they not go somewhere else? I guess they need to be on the other side of the plate so they read whether the plate has opened or not.

danr

you just need to plumb a remote line into the old oil pressure sender hole (above right of oil filter). then you can T off pressure and temp.
subura remote line

the thread on our hole is 1/8 BSPT (tapered), same as subaru. make sure you tell them that when you buy just in case.
or use a 1/8BSPT to 1/8NPT adaptor
also you can use the wires from the old gauges to power, supply feed etc, cant remember color codes atm, but just trace them

Last edited: