Samco Rear Engine Water/Oil Hoses

billy187

Need the rear engine water and oil cooler kits, have checked with amber performence on ebay and they take 4 weeks, need them quicker than that.....anyone got any they want to sell or know of somewhere that has them in stock?

cheers

billy

splmum

thats a big no when running big power :lol: to many bad experiances
I have to ask.

What bad experiences have you had using OEM hoses in the past?

I just wonder, because mine have been in for almost 20 years and have not failed and I have just purchased a complete set, including Power steering ones, OEM and intend to replace very soon.

So your enlightenment on WHY I should not have purchased them would be appreciated.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's quite obvious; they don't look nearly as pretty!
I think Imran is selling-up now (correct me if I'm wrong, but I read in another thread that it would be for sale once Boby had finished with it), so maybe I'm right and it increases the resale value of your car when all the pipes match. Therefore, you either need all OEM, or all Samco! - Makes perfect sense to me.:bolt:

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

thats a big no when running big power :lol: to many bad experiances
Please explain.

I'm running a bit of power and i'm on brand new OEM hoses. When my engine was rebuilt I ordered all new Nissan stuff. No need for SAMCO ones as no one can see them once fitted. Also, i'm sure they worked out cheaper (trade price) than the SAMCO kit. I'm pretty sure the likes of Kieron (even though most of his water pies have been removed), Lou Rob, Si (00Sid) and Jason Gant all use OEM hoses.

P

pulsarboby

It's quite obvious; they don't look nearly as pretty!
I think Imran is selling-up now (correct me if I'm wrong, but I read in another thread that it would be for sale once Boby had finished with it), so maybe I'm right and it increases the resale value of your car when all the pipes match. Therefore, you either need all OEM, or all Samco! - Makes perfect sense to me.:bolt:

hes not selling up! hes just had a forged engine fitted to his uk sunny and loads of mods to run 400 odd horses, plus a stock engine fitted to another car which is also his but will soon be selling.

he just wanted the rear sillycone pipes fitted whilst we had the engines out (which made sense) but none were available so we fitted stock ones back which will be fine!

dont know where he got the bit from that they were needed to run high bhp though:? certainly wasnt myself!

noriek2003

Mr GTiR said:
No need for SAMCO ones as no one can see them once fitted. Also, i'm sure they worked out cheaper (trade price) than the SAMCO kit. I'm pretty sure the likes of Kieron (even though most of his water pies have been removed), Lou Rob, Si (00Sid) and Jason Gant all use OEM hoses.
i do indeed, although i was to cheap to even spend the money on new ones..:lol:. They're only water hoses at the end of the day, wont be under any more real pressure with big power as regardless of BHP the pump can only flow so much water as it rpm dependant.

if i was rebuilding a road car, with a standard set up i'd probably have chucked the samcos on though tbh. The standard ones do get abit brittle after a few years and unless the engines out they're a reet cont to change when they split

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
hes not selling up! hes just had a forged engine fitted to his uk sunny and loads of mods to run 400 odd horses, plus a stock engine fitted to another car which is also his but will soon be selling.
Ah - that must be it! I read this in another thread and assumed it was the same car he was talking about:
im going to have a black r up for sale in a couple of weeks for that sort of money, the car is with pulsarbobby at the moment having a new engine/clutch fitted and having everything checked over so will be mint, will be fully serviced and has wilwood 4 pots under black 15" wheels, coilovers, walbro fuel pump, frount mount...hybrid turbo...etc running 1 bar so should be around 300bhp.....let me know if your interested!
So he's got both cars with you, but only one is for sale.

billy187

you lot are a funny old lot :lol: i only wanted to get the rear pipes changed because of bad experiances ive had with my other 2 pulsars. My other red one that ive still got is running over 400 and one of the oil cooler pipes went when giving it a bit of stick and then another grey one ive also still got had one of the water pipes go although we managed to change that one pretty easily!

Its nothing to do with the samco's "looking pretty" or anything like that, the fact that they end up costing pretty much the same price as OEM pipes why wouldnt you want to change them? ;-)

Im sure if you changed to new OEM pipes it would be fine running decent power but i guess its just a personal preference to change them!

Last edited:
M

mynheers_a_pint

Amber performance can do them for about 75 quid delivered. That's where i just ordered my kit from...