Safest way to remove badges from tailgate...?

A

Andybtsn

I just got a blunt knife and carefully prised it away,might be better using a debit/credit card though...

A

Andybtsn

Should be fine, nothing a little bit of tee-cut can't fix

D

deslynam

Might be worth warming them up in advance with a hairdryer and/or hot water, to loosen the adhesive?

GtiR`BoD

Only takin the gtir badge off lads! have to watch where i park the car up from now on pulsar vultures have it stripped to the bone in minutes.. ;-)

vizi0n

the badges are only glued? there is no pin/hole thing like my Integra had? because I want to remove the Nissan and Pulsar badge on the back and only keep "GTI-R" and of course, paint my R red :) or maybe remove it as well from the back and stick it on my front hood grill that I'm going to make

Last edited:
G

GTI-R Kid

The P badge on the grill has pins to locate it, but all the badges on the rear are simply stuck on. Dunno about the Nissan badges on Sunny's on the front grille though.

G

GTIRocks

Ii have done it a couple of times now to different cars (all jap) and hiardryer and credit card is a good method but be careful if u wanna keep/sell the badge as i did it on a honda and the badge warped slightly? never tryed with a datsun before though!?

*13*

Some little toe rags found the best way to remove bits from all my badges (and a lot of paint) was a chisel!!!

95tegRS

i used boiling hot water from a kettle, a hair drier, dental floss, and a flat screwdriver with a rag on the end. worked like a charm.take ur time and be gental. i did my " nissan" and "pulsar" rear badges in about 1/2 an hour. i also polished and waxed after cuz the paint was faded and loooked odd.

MORF114

To every one who wants to take 10 seconds to remove a badge of any car use a bog spreader metal or plastic metal ones are easier but can scratch ive done thousands of cars this way you do not need to heat up and the soft residue left behind can be rolled off by using your fingers when sticky bits are wet its a lot harder to do than when its dry. can use credit card but i have snapped a few in the past few years plus metal bog spreaders are thinner and obviously harder(if worried about scratching with a metal one put a bit of tape over the end)
If they have been glued on with super glue use a razor blade to scrape of hard residue and polish up afterwards.(hold razor 90 degrees to panel while doing it and make sure its a brand new razor blade as a old one will scratch your car if you dont hold razor 90 degrees you will scratch the shit out of your car will need to 1000/2000a sandpaper and polish with farecla g3 or 3m super cut polish these are the 2 best that ive used with g3 being the best)

These are the things i do every day and its simple and easy to do properly by the time you have waited for the kettle to boil or got extension and hairdryer i could of stripped the badges off every car in your street.

Hope ive made badge removal easier for someone.:thumbsup: