safe bar to run on standard running gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark888

hi,i have just bought a pulsar from newera imports and i am adding things to the car,i have bought a new exhaust and air filter,i have also bought a greddy boost controller,i have no intention of trying to get too much power through this boost controller but i thought if i take the boost up to 0.8 bar then it will give me a nice improvment on power without losing the cars engine and running gear build quality,miguel at newera said that never take it over 1.0 bar of boost which i would not do anyway but i just thought some of you guys might have some more advice.thanks mark.:)

KF79GTIR

Fella you are not the only one to ask that question & wont be the last so if you want any info then you should use the SEARCH funtion.

Kev

EVOBAD

yes u can take it to 1bar but make sure u get a uprated fuel pump plus your strd clutch wont last to long running more boost

youngsyp

Generally, if your fuel and ignition system is in good condition, you should be able to run 1 bar of boost on the stock set up no problem.
To get the GTiR up to 1 bar is probably considered as a 'stage 1' tuning level and can be achieved very easily, as you can imagine.

Did the car have a service when it left Newera's preparation place ?

If not, you might want to change the plugs (go to a heat range 8 if running 1 bar), oils, rotor arm, distributor cap, fuel filter and check the ignition leads, to make sure they're in good condition. Also get your base timing checked and always run it on high octane fuel, like Tesco 99 or V-Power.

Oh year, and uprate the fuel pump.

Once you're happy you have a good sound set up, take it to a dyno place and get them to run it with the higher boost, just to double check it's running ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.