running rough

Fire & skill

Vintage member
car starts and overfuels, did an ecu check and came up with a faulty maf and a faulty det senser. changed the senser and re earthed the maf, car revs up to 2000 rpm now and starts hunting around 1800 rpm - 2200 rpm. if I remove the earth from the maf (the one I attatched to re earth it) it settles back down to 1000 rpm but is very lumpy and overfuels like fuck

anyone had this problem before? I should also add the fault 12 from the ecu check never seems to go away and I've changed the maf to a spare one I had.

jjs

what about the maf connections to the ecu, i have seen some where guys have used scotchlocks on the connections to the ecu for aftermarket fittings and cut through the connections, ? if you are struggling you can pop down and try some parts of my autocross car, to see if you can locate the fault Jim.or see ian he has the lead to connect to the laptop to check readings,

P

pulsarboby

as jim said above, but also try unplugging all the connectors on driverside inner wing (by relay box) and cleaning them and making sure connections are good, this however wont help with the maf fault as thats on the other ecu loom.

try wriggling all the wires on the back of the ecu (where the big multiplug is, as you may have a dry joint! sometimes if the 10mm bolt is overtightened it can cause havoc with all ecu connections as the multiplug will belly in the middle and cause bad connections on either end.