Running on 3 cylinders & missfire???

C

Crazy

Need some help here lads.

Was out taking the car for a drive last when my car started missfiring & running on 3 cylinders, pulled over to the side of the road and checked my Spark plug leads.
They were on O.K so I also checked my Power FC hand controller just incase and it showed a peak knock of 28 which is nothing to worry about, but with the bonnet open I noticed that my car was missfiring/sparking through the balancing nipple on cylinder 4 which was strange so I immediatley switched the car off.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/stevepudney/tbcaps.jpg

Pulled the spark plug out of cylinder 4 just to check it and it was fine so I fitted it back to the car but when I started it up it still ran on 3 cylinders & was missfiring through the balancing nipple on cylinder 4, with the engine running I removed a spark plug lead from each cylinder one by one and on cylinders 1 to 3 the car would cut out with the spark plug lead removed but with cylinder number 4 spark plug lead removed the car carried on running & the missfire disapeared but a soon as I reconnected the spark plug lead it started missfiring through the balancing nipple on cylinder 4.

By this time I was well lost and ended up calling the RAC to take my car home as it was nearly 2:00am, they also did not have a clue.

I recentley bought a set of Balancing nipple & Adjustment screw caps off stevepudney so I fitted one of the Balancing nipple sleeve caps and started the engine but it blew it completeley off...................I AM LOST LADS!!!

The car has recentley had set of new injectors fitted and a remap, the car is not smoking or knocking!!!!

ANY IDEAS???????????

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Sounds like there is a major insulation breakdown on no4 lead for tracking to be that bad.

Is the outer covering damaged at all on no4 lead?

C

Crazy

Rocker jumped off :oops:

Just need to order a set of Rocker Arm Stoppers now :D

Anybody know if S14 Greddy rocker arm stoppers will fit our cars??? :?:

C

Crazy

7500RPM!!!

Anybody know if S14 Greddy rocker arm stoppers will fit our cars???