Roof Rattling

I

IrishR

Hi,

Ive just got me a GTiR ... I know a common problem with them is the roof rattling and am wondering is there any way to solve this .. as it's doing my head in!

nismoboy

yes mate, remove the roof lining and buy some metal bonding, (its like a paste) then just re - stick the supports back inplace.

J

jasegould

Use small wooden wedges to separate the roof skin from the support bars then squirt in loads of Sikaflex/sealer.....good idea to slap a bit of brownbread etc on there while the headlining is sown aswell

Mark_GTiR

I did this about a month ago - makes a hell of a difference! As said, get some wedges - squirt in some silicone and then prop some long bits of wood from the floor to the roof bars while it sets.

I've got some pics but they're still on my phone at the moment till I can get them loaded on to the PC.

Taking the roof lining out is easier that you think, however, getting the swine back in isn't as easy.. get a friend to help.. Also, I put some sound deadening on the panels in between the support bars which helps..

Good luck - PM me if you want any more tips!
Mark