Roof Rattle.......

A

Anonymous

Now I know I've read something about this on these boards before, but i've searched and cannot find anything.
I just need a step by step guid on how to fix this problem and stop the roof banging about, I need to know what tools/equipment/etc to use.

Thanks.

Curtis

Taken fron a post by James Arup:

Are you a member of the GTIR Technical Chat group on Yahoo http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gti-r I posted some pics on there when I first did it. If you click on the 'Photos' section on the left and look for a folder called 'Fixing Roof Rattle' on Page 2 .. that will give you some idea of what to do! It's those b@5tard little clips that hold the roof lining in that took most of the time! Grrrr - I broke loads! But the photos will show you how they can be removed!

J

jasegould

I havent looked at the link so it might say the same as what im gonna say but when i did mine i dropped the headlining, i then used 2 small wooden wedges to gently separate the roof skin from the supports, cleaned the surfaces with solvent (petrol, degreaser etc) then gunned in loads of sikaflex and left if to go off. After that I put some sound deadening pads on the inside of the roof skin.

A

Anonymous

cheers guy's, i'll just go for it and see what happens. 1 quick q tho-when i remove the lining what should i use 2 stick it back on?