rolling road

265bhp gtir

hi can eny1 please tell me the best place 2 get my gtir roaded in the manchester area im told it 265 bhp but not sure as not even drove it yet had it 6months and its on the road on the 28th

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd be tempted to pop over to the likes of RCDevelopments (if they have a rolling road) and get them to check it's running OK as well as a power run.

265bhp gtir

what sort of things r likely 2 go rong if its bin sat for 6months im putin a new set of front brakes 2moz i did an oil and filter change 2weeks ago an it was fine on the mot

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Was anything wrong with it before?

In general car just don't seem to like sitting unused for long lengths of time, but with it being summer (haha) you might be OK.

Watch the oil pressure on start up. It might be worth cranking it over with no fuel supplied and the plugs out. Keep an eye out for any leaks (fuel tank area or coolant hoses, especially on the back of the engine, check you rad level and then again a couple of times over the first few days as those leaks can stay well hidden)

Try tightening all your jubillee clips incase any have gone loose over time.

It might smoke abit, if it seems to run fine, go for a run to warm it up and slowly give it more beans to check for any misfires, poor brakes before you floor it to see if it realy is OK.

265bhp gtir

ye the car was fine. Iv started it up a few times just 2 move it forward and back so it could b washed. Al av agud look over it 2 moz then and hopfully it will be fine

houghy_1

Just like mine at the moment then,not been moved much for the last year!!!

Best thing like fast guy said,just take it easy and almost like run it in again for the first hundred miles or so.

Whereabouts are you from then pal???

Say hello on the North West section mate,
also we're having a rolling road day on November 18th at Pro Sport in Stockport.
So get your name down and come along and that way you way you can meet some of the nw lot AND get your R rolling roaded;-) :thumbsup:

Matt