Rocker pivot knackered

A

ard1ey

Hi all,

Has anybody ever had one of the rocker pivots in the head come loose? The one on cylinder 4 exhaust has ruined its thread in the head and its flopping all over the show :(.

If anybodies been struck down with this one, is it possible to repair or am I going to have to go to Plan B and replace the head? Running a tap through won't work, it's too far gone for that.

Cheers

Ian

A

ard1ey

That'll probably work, thanks for the suggestion.

I was also thinking along the lines of having an insert made and pressing it into the head after drilling the old thread out but there's always the possibilty of it coming back out again.

Oh well, time to pull the head off it :x

Ian

A

ard1ey

Maybe just overkill, but its part of the valvetrain so I don't fancy letting someone have a crack at it with a Black & Decker - I'd prefer to do it on a bench so its all dead straight. Plus theres an oilway in there that will need to be redrilled if its welded up, so there's all the problems with swarf getting in.

Having said that, after a day of fighting with it and the head still being firmly attached I kind of wish I could do it in place :doh:

Ian

A

ard1ey

:twisted: It'll be ok, if I can't get the thing off being nice I'll have to unleash the angle grinder on it! Mwahahaha!

On the brighter side, a trial retightening saw the thread strip completely so at least its definitely knackered :)

Cheers

Ian