Rocker breathers

Hi guys,

Anyone got a picture of what they have done for thier rocker breathers please?

I know I can block ff the PCV valve but what about the right hand side?

I don't want any oil and vapour getting into the intake

Cheers

Spikey

You cant block them all off.
On the right side. one loops back into the engine and on the other side have a catch can or a mini filter.

gtirx2

I would leave the standard oil seperater where it is if you have got the space,then i would vent from both points off the rocker cover to a catch can with a filter on top,From where the pcv valve used to be and from the T on the top right corner of the rocker cover.
Leave and do not block the breather pipe work coming from the block to standard oil seperater to the rocker cover and leave that going into the T.
You can vent just the top right of the rocker cover,but i think its best to vent both if you can.

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I would leave the standard oil seperater where it is if you have got the space,then i would vent from both points off the rocker cover to a catch can with a filter on top,From where the pcv valve used to be and from the T on the top right corner of the rocker cover.
Leave and do not block the breather pipe work coming from the block to standard oil seperater to the rocker cover and leave that going into the T.
You can vent just the top right of the rocker cover,but i think its best to vent both if you can.
I agree. You need to have some kind of breather on the crankcase, but it doesn't need to be attached to the inlet pipework. - I think the best solution is that Forge oil/mist seperator; it still collects the oil and returns it to the sump, but it vents the vapour to the atmosphere. That gives you the best of both worlds.

mikeyp

i was going to go for a catch can from just the T and block up the pcv hole. is this not a wise path then? should i be venting both to a catch can or can i get away with just the vent from the T. wasn't going to touch the oil seperator on the front at all.

SIR GTIR

Hey lads i'd Like to remove the PCV set up but can someone throw me a how to shipping a kit to Nz would likely cost more than its worth

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Steve's kit will work fine but I just got the bolt from a local hydraulic parts shop for about 50p. I had the head off at the time so it was easy for them to find one which fit.