ride height

G

goob

Hey folks, i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for lowering springs? have seen the whiteline ones but cant find a rough price for them. the car looks very similar to 'stugtir' car,but it sits higher, what springs would he have used to get that look? thanx in advance.

i'll put some pics up soon

Cris

Whitelines are easy to get. You can either buy direct from Whiteline or from Demon Tweeks, I'm sure others too.

Price wise mine were £65 odd per pair. I still have a set of fronts kicking about somewhere if you're intersted.

G

goob

how much u selling them for chris?

how much do they lower the car by, the car sits on 16s just now. i noticed the guy 'stugtir' has lowered his by 80mm!! hes got the same wheels as me too!

Cris

They drop the car by about 35mm which (IMHO) is about right.

I had all sorts of problems with the ride height on mine.

I used to run 17s and had rubbing problems (some notes on http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=26394&highlight=cris+drop+whiteline).

Eventually I had some custom springs made up hence having the Whitelines spare. They are the light blue ones (I think that the current springs are silver, had a set of those too and they were exactly the same but for the colour). They were on my car for a month or two. I still have the original boxes somewhere.

Cost wise I spose that £35 would do the trick. Shipping could be tricky given that you're in Fife and I live in South London! I could probably ruslte up a courier for £10 they that would be for a week day delivery 9-5.

Have you also got some uprated shocks? What 16s have you got then too?

G

goob

to be honest im not sure what make the wheels are, were on the car when i bought it.

do whiteline do springs for the back too?

if u can see the pictures of 'stugtir' car then there the same as them.