Revs Up And Down

SickBoy

Ok guys

the car ticks over at 1000 rmp ish if you rev it it revs then drops right down to nearly stalling then pops back up to 1000 rpm

very anoying in traffic cos as you move along in 1st it keeps goin up and down

when your movin its all ok goes well ist just when you puch clutch in it drops to almost zero then pops back up

???????????? :? any ideas

Cheers Lee

SickBoy

No missfire when drivin

Little rough on idle bit up and down then just drops to nothing when you rev and lift off

chrisniss91

I had a similar problem on my rst, The seal on the dipstick ring had worn and allowed air to escape and when i pulled up at lights it went to cut out :roll:

A

Anonymous

reving up and down

i had the same problem with gtir i got it checked out and it was the in let manifold gasket, get in changed and it will be perfect

J

J-GTi-R

I have also had the same problem, but again a different solution...

Mine was the hose that goes to the MAP sensor (for the boost gauge) had split just at the fuel pressure regulator. I just cut the plit off and stuck it back on, all sorted.

coxie

mine has had a similar problem where when pulling up at lights it drops to 500/600 rpm then goes up to 900rpm still havnt foung the cure :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

A

Anders

Idle hunting is usually related to vacuum leaks so check all the intake and vacuum hoses for leaks. Also, check that none of the rubber bungs have popped of the throttle body - the ones used for throttle body balancing.

Good luck!

Andy

A

Anders

Coxie said:
mine has had a similar problem where when pulling up at lights it drops to 500/600 rpm then goes up to 900rpm still havnt foung the cure :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Not sure on the R but on other Nissan's, particularly the ZX, this is common when the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve fails. Its just a spring based valve , which becomes weak over time and causes the valve to open when the car comes to a halt. This causes the revs to drop for moment, almost stalling the car, and then the valve closes again - until the next set of lights!

Other than that and assuming you've checked for vacuum leaks, the idle control valve/unit clogged or faulty?

Worth a look!