Revs For iPhone Connection To Nissan Consult

GTiR-Aholic

There were previous threads on this topic where 1 user connected an iPaq to their R using a DIY cable to suit the R using bits from maplins.. worked a treat.

The new Revs looks awesome and would be a great tool to have in the R.. I'm looking to hardwire it in.

Has anybody had any luck with wiring a iPhone to the Nissan Consult or found a way to do it?

nex

that was me using EcuTalk which is a windows dot.net based application so that wouldnt work i dont think.

GTiR-Aholic

yeah I really want to mount the revs software as it looks much better.

Could someone help with a cable to go from IPhone to Nissan Consult? I don't know the pin outs otherwise would be a piece of cake.

nex

Looking at the site it uses a WiFi OBD-II dongle to make the connection between the cars ECU and the iPhone. The Pulsar uses Nissan Consult which is Nissans's proprietary protocol to talk with the ECU.

I dont think the Pulsar ECU supports OBD-II, it may well support OBD however to what degree and what information it may send back I'm not to sure about, I would have though the minimum to none at all are your options!

So unfortunately it isnt just a case of getting the Pin Out and wiring it up.....