revs at top speed with limiter

A

another sunny

What revs should mine be doing when the speed limeter would cut in?(if still fitted).My clocks are faulty i know, but at the moment the needle goes way past the stop(removed by the previouse owner)and nearly touches 0kph(nearly a full 360) at which point it is showing 6500 revs ish in 5th gear. Now acording to another thread i have just read, my car (on 15"s) should be doing 155 mph at this point......IT IS NOT, it feels like 110 poss120mph. My last R had the limiter still fitted and it used to cut in 4th at about the same revs. Could my current R have a low ratio box? if so any idea on the expected top speed with this box?

gtirx2

Yep sounds like its got a rb close ratio box my close box tops out at about127- 130 on the rev limiter in 5th .
When i had this box in my last R with the limiter still fitted it used to hit the limiter at about the same revs 6500ish as you.
What speeds are you getting out 234 because this gears should feel very close if you are on a rb box?

A

another sunny

I will test it tomorrow and report back!
Cheers.
Is that good(rb i mean)

gtirx2

rb just means its a standed close ratio box, nissan made two types of pulsar the ra road version normal gearing and the rb light weight version and most of the rbs started life with the close ratio box its a bit like the gsr and rs evos.
Has you car got all the electrics and abs and things? if so its proberbly a ra pulsar with a rb box.

youngsyp

Just to add to this, both the RA and RB gearboxes have close ratio gearing. The RB box has shorter gearing to help aid acceleration. Hence why the top speed will be lower.

If your car still has the speed limiter, it will cut in at 180 kph which, is 112 mph roughly. At 21.495 mph/1krpm in 5th, that will be at 5.2krpm roughly on an RA boxed car ! Not that that will help you much if you have an RB gearboxed car ! :lol:

Looking at the sums, I guess it's possible you're car is RB equipped !

Last edited: