reverse lights

M

mad_matty

just a quick newbie question

my reverse lights are not working, they have no power to the bulbs so im thinking.

a fuse/ relay or switch is knackered?

could some kind person point me in the right direction on where the fus/relays are and where abouts the switch is on the gearbox

many thanks

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Isn't there a switch when you go into reverse that will supply the reversing lights?

Try a search through the archives ;-)

youngsyp

The switch is on the passenger side of the gearbox casing. It's a black plastic teardrop shaped thing with a black cable coming out of it. Not sure this would pack it in though, as it's a very simple mechanism ?! You could check the plug going to/from it !

M

mad_matty

cheers chaps,

i have had a look through the archieve messages and i couldn't really find anything.

cheers for your help anyways

does anyone no where abouts/ if the reverse lights run off a fuse/ relay? i was thinking that maybe another thing worth checking

P

petebann

take the plug off the reverse switch mate and give it a feed (i.e just run a bit of wire from the battery positive and put it in the plug) if your lights come on you know you have a faulty reverse switch. If it still doesn't come on, check your fuses. It won't go through a relay.