restricted?

B

b1lly

Anyone put me in touch with a kph/mph dial converter also my GTIR is restricted to 180kph what can be done ? How much will it all cost? :?

A

Anonymous

b1lly said:
Anyone put me in touch with a kph/mph dial converter also my GTIR is restricted to 180kph what can be done ? How much will it all cost? :?
click on "search" hint-it's just under the gti-r owners club forum header.

add words like:- kph/mph into the search box

and see what our extensive archive has on the subject.i'm sure you'll get plenty of hits as just about every newbie asks this question within a couple of weeks of joining :evil:

Mr GTiR

erm, how do I go about converting my speedo so it reads mph and derestricted it at the same time? :p :lol: :lol:

geetee

ignore the grumpy one :lol:

Welcome to the club :D

You can get a little box that wires in behind the speedo ehad which converts and delimits at the same time. Not too hard to fit if your OK with a soldering iron or crimpers.

Available on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10402&item=4538914738&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

and elsewhere with a bit of Googling.

This turns the speedo from 180KPH to 180MPH so you'll need a lil sticker to go over the KPH on the clock face.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

geetee said:
ignore the grumpy one :lol:

Welcome to the club :D
you won't get into the grumpy old mans club being helpful like that :!:

you're just fluffy and nice and oh so pc :wink: :lol:

geetee

no I don't think any of the others are electronic - might be wrong. So you'd need to find a Sunny GTI-R being broken.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)