Respray

S

Stoned

How much would a respray for an R likely cost. Quite happy with the black just the paint needs a refresh to get the stone chips sorted etc.

£1000 or so sound about right?

A

Anonymous

I would have thought you'd get a very good job done for £1000 (add a few hundred more for a colour change depending on the new colour).

Dunc

Nad

Depends if u want windows out, sills and shuts done, or if u want the interior bits done for a colour change. R's arent the cheapest cars to do. 1500-1800 sounds right. Thing is why waste that money on a respray. If it aint broke or rusting why fix it. Spend in on the engine or chassis.

Nad

ashills

well anyone want a cheap job doing me and a mate are learning to spray so need some bonnets etc to practise on LOL
jokes aside im having half mine resprayed on insurance by a friend and its costing about 3-400 quid for the painting etc which isnt bad as thats taking small dents etc out
but theres also 400 quid to take the big bloody dent out that a stupid women put in rear quarter

Si..

i paid £1200 for a full change from red to fiat silver, that included a lot of bad rot welded up and new rear window seal's, he made a really good job of it aswell.

A

Anonymous

si - where did you get your car resprayed? Was it a friend or is that the going rate?

Nad

I just got my new compressor a few days ago so will be doing mine when time allows :D

Nad

chrisniss91

Nad said:
I just got my new compressor a few days ago so will be doing mine when time allows :D

Nad
You changing the colour or just spraying up some parts :?: As your colour on the pictures i've seen looks great as it is :)

A

Anonymous

Nad wrote:
I just got my new compressor a few days ago so will be doing mine when time allows

Nad

You changing the colour or just spraying up some parts As your colour on the pictures i've seen looks great as it is
Id have to agree with that, id say its the nicest blue R ive seen so far, but if you do change the colour.. It may give me an idea :wink:

Chris- Ive been thinking about it, a guy at work has a mate who sprays for BMW and is very good. He said he could get me a respray for a nice price :wink: But im waiting on a reply from him..

E

Edd

Price of a respray depends entirely really on how much ur prepared to spend to make the job a)look good and b)last

If your going a complete colour change then you have to ask yourself if you want to do the door shuts, inside the car aswell, inside the boot, engine bay, the list goes on.
Also a PROPER respray would involve taking all the windows out, seals out, engine out, doors off, bumpers off, bonnet off, spolier off. So that you get perfect finish and so that it doesnt peel anywhere or rust later on.
Sticking with the same colour is much easier to do as a lot less groundwork in preparing it and door shuts, engine bay etc you don't need to touch.

I thought about respraying my R as my brother has spray facilities, but he isn't confident enough of a perfect finish, but he has a mate with a proper oven and he charges £100 to paint the whole car and then bake it rock hard so you can drive away in an hour :D
All that would leave is for me and my bro to do the preparation work and strip the bits off the car.

Nad

£100 is good as 99% of the price is in the preperation. If only I had an oven hehe. Not changing the colour outside, just the inside and maybe the engine bay if I get round to it. Well if I can be bothered to strip all the stuff out of it. May leave it till the engine goes in and breaks cause u know its just gonna happen.

Nad

E

Edd

Exactly £100 is just for an hour of spraying and using an oven to dry it.

We'd do all preparation and priming if necessary.
although paintworks pretty good on mine

ShayneG

Mines in at the mo for a full colour change :lol:
Costing £1880 but I think it will be worth it as I'm having a fair bit done. I will post pics in a couple of weeks when it's back :roll: