Respray what colour

chrisniss91

Due to lack of tuners i am going to forget the RX7 idea and stick to my R :lol: But washing it the other day i saw quite a few chip's and scratches which i hate as i like it to be mint :? Now as a present for when i pass my HGV (not done yet this is motorvation.) I am going to get the R resprayed as soon as i pass at sprayteck in bolton :lol:
What colour.
I was thinking Orange with 17'' white compomotive Mo's
Or MG blue on all the new MG's :?:
Not to keen on flip's really
Any other thoughts :?:

chrisniss91

I would keep it black for cost reasons but i cant stand the swirl marks and you see every mark on it, when its clean there isnt a better colour imo :) I was also thinking cadbury's purple , not to sure :?

W

waiwai8

chrisniss91 said:
I would keep it black for cost reasons but i cant stand the swirl marks and you see every mark on it, when its clean there isnt a better colour imo :) I was also thinking cadbury's purple , not to sure :?
nah mate, u want a nice colour, ur car looks fine as it is. maybe the blue tho!

G

GTI-R Kid

Blue seems to be quite common as a respray colour so why not try something different like some sort of green or the cadbury's purple you mentioned yourself?

chrisniss91

What can i do to keep the cost down, Can i start rubbing the body down if so how do i do it. Obviously they would check it all over before priming it. Or should i just let them do it :?:
I am hoping to get it done august/september time.

Si..

as you can see from the avatar mine was the std red but it had had a shoddy respray :x , i took all the exterior bits off i could, bumpers, spoiler wing mirrors etc, took the rear passenger's glass out, the interior trim and i do mean everything in preparation, then had it resprayed fiat silver, the cost was £1200 and they done a really good job of it, that £1200 includes having to buy the rear passenger window trim, coz the clip's that hold it in have a tendency to snap, they were about £100 on their own and i had the rear wiper and boot lock removed and flushed. :wink:

he also put a new rear window seal in and done a s**t load of welding on some nasty patches of rot.

Si..

i've got a couple of pic's of it, but dont know how to post them any chance of putting them up if i mail you them. :D

Si..

andy i've sent them to your yahoo adress cheer's bud. :wink:

chris
as you can see there not very good pic's but at least you see it's a job well done for £1200.

C

caz

Ok, for simon. Hope these work

THE SILVER ROCKET IS A COMIN.......................

J

jaigtir

as you can see from the avatar mine was the std red but it had had a shoddy respray , i took all the exterior bits off i could, bumpers, spoiler wing mirrors etc, took the rear passenger's glass out, the interior trim and i do mean everything in preparation, then had it resprayed fiat silver, the cost was £1200 and they done a really good job of it, that £1200 includes having to buy the rear passenger window trim, coz the clip's that hold it in have a tendency to snap, they were about £100 on their own and i had the rear wiper and boot lock removed and flushed.

he also put a new rear window seal in and done a s**t load of welding on some nasty patches of rot.
Thats about what im paying for mine, including a few extras and special touches. I has some nasty rot patches on it so, needed to be done. :D

C

caz

Ha Ha Yeah but Si's was getting so bad he had no need for the air con in the summer. Fred Flinstone original. It was getting where people didn't believe he had a gti-r coz he was mostly driving around in empty space :lol: :lol:

Sorry bud :D

Si..

caz you cheeky t**t , at least i drive mine :lol: , well, did..... :roll:

chris: excuse the gold look it's coz the lights in the garage are on a sheet of plywood which reflects, making it look a bit gold :| .