removed PCV now only boosting to 0.9 bar?

Gaz gtiR

Rite guys i wasnt sure about starting a new thread to my previous 1 about PVC? but hear go's.

As some of you know iv bunged the PCV valve & linked the nipples 1 & 2 - 3 & 4 on the inlet. Ive took the R out tonight & noticed on my AVCR its struggling to boost past 0.9 bar but its set to 1 bar which on the AVCR 1 bar reads as 1.10 as it measures boost in kg/cm.

Before removing The PCV it used to hit 1.10 kg/cm = 1 bar of boost easy at around 4.500 rpm now it hits 0.9 bar at 6.300 rpm????

can removing PCV mess your boost up?? i cant see how tho?? have i occured a boost leak do you think? :?

stumo

double check what you'vbe done and where the pipes were connected to etc, make sure nothing is loose/come off etc.

Gaz gtiR

ive checked all that stumo & theres nothing loose or come off? it was only the PCV piping i took off? im baffled? :roll:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Where is the AVCR taking its feeds from; could it be related to that? For example if the AVCR is seeing 1bar even though that's not what the actuator is seeing, it will always open the solenoid too soon.

Do you have another gauge, or are you relying solely on what the AVCR says?

skiddusmarkus

You sure you are working out the units right?I thought 1 bar was more or less 1kg/cm.Maybe you had an air leak before which made it overboost a little, fixed the leak now its settled at a slightly lower level.

Gaz gtiR

good thinking skiddus. it was boosting fine & didnt go over 1 bar untill i removed pcv tho??

pobody im relying on what the avcr is telling me. Ed set the avcr up when i had it mapped & 1 bar was 1.10 kg/cm.

i took it out again earlyer & it boosted to 1.10kg/cm in 4th & 5th but didnt make full boost untill 6400 rpm & boosts to 0.9 in 2nd & 3rd at 6300 rpm? now all the settings on the avcr are set so it should boost at 1 bar in every gear?? i just cant see how this has happend just by removing the pcv??

If youve had a vacuum leak, ie you said revs dropped from 1300 to 1000 after removing the PCV.
Go into the AVCR and let it learn the boost again, and see if that solves your problem.