Reliability Question

Pete Watson

Does anybody run this kind of set up in their R?

Quaiffe
OS Giken Clutch
B&M Shifter
Nismo Solid Engine Mounts
Reasonable Power '400ish'

If yes have you experienced any reliability problems?

My Car is about to go back for the next stage of tuning on Friday, i'm having a Quaiffe Kit fitted, everything else is in place as per list, after chatting with an owner at Rotorstock i am a bit concerned about an issue with the Gear Kit. It would be good to have some feedback before i go just so i know what may be a weak link, that way i can look into changing something to minimise this

Rgs Pete

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
We don't think it was the gearkit that was the problem, more a combination of all these bits, well maybe the os Giken clutch and the solid mounts not alowing any give in the gear take up, so it gets too much of a shock loading when taking up drive/launching.

It must be pointed out that other people are using this combination and haven't had any problems.

B

blugtirboy

thanks fastguy ,just wondered as i have a quaiffe gearset in mine ,i don't have any of the other things mentioned (definately not 400bhp) but when
my gearbox went i thought it would be worth fitting the uprated gearset
in case i went for more power in the future ,so there's not big power going though it but i have used it on track and 1/4 mile and have not had
any problems with it for 20,000 miles :D

O

Odin

I'v had my quaife in for neary 4 years now, With no problems what so ever has done 38000 miles now 8) :D , Been rebuilt once because I put an additive in that it didn't like but was just the the nissan stuff that needed changeing :wink: .

rob