Red Line Water Wetter Supercoolant.

Braveheart

Is this any good or a gimmick

"Red Line Water Wetter Supercoolant
Red Line's superb Water Wetter™ Supercoolant breaks down surface tension in the coolant thus offering better thermal conductivity and resulting heat transfer. Water Wetter™ also reduces hot spots from vapour bubble formation, cavitation and foaming, reducing engine temperatures by upto 30°F. Water Wetter also lubricates and preserves water pump seals and reduces corrosion. It mixes with all antifreezes, but for summer or race use works more efficiently with water alone. 355ml bottle treats 15 litres of coolant."

P

pulsarboby

no gimmick! very good stuff used by a lot of circuit cars, will be going back in my car when its all back together. it really does keep temps down;-)

Trip

I only heard good comments about it. Also used with good results on Water/air IC setup

J

jpward

Yep I use it to good effect though i might just use neat Silkolene Pro Cool when i get the engine back in sometime before 2012 I use that in both bike and Quad and never have big temps with them and they spend most of their time on the main jets :lol:

youngsyp

I've used it on the Pulsar in the past and not noticed any difference but, my one doesn't run hot anyway.

I don't know what you're expecting but, temps may only drop by 5 degrees or so. A lower temp thermostat would work more effectively.

@JP
You'd be better off sticking to the mix ratio Silkolene recommend for the coolant. Water has one of the best specific heat capacities of any liquid so, will be more effective than using just Pro cool neat.