Recommended FPR?

Rage

My FPR is overfueling my motor, so I am wondering about buying a new one.
What do you guys recommend?

And, whats the std fuel pressure (with and without boost?)

Thanks

ashills

3 bar without vaccum connected is standard
sard regs are one of best and dont self adjust
stay well away from fse as they are terrible

Rage

Thanks for the answers. Shall I adjust the Sard type RJ (If I buy one of those) to 3 bar as standard without the vacuum connected then?

O

Odin

Rage said:
3 bar as standard without the vacuum connected then?
Yes that's right, I think it will read about 2.5 bar with the vacuum pipe attached ;-)

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
NISMO are not that good either. I have teh SARD Type RJ on mine.
Why's that Andy. Can't say I've noticed any issues with mine? I went NISMO for neatness of fit rather than performance. I just assumed the performance was fine being Nissan etc

Mr GTiR

Jim, i've seen quite a few NISMO FPR fail after a few thousand miles. Just really bad quality considering it's a NISMO part.

ashills

they can be used at any time they can be used to squeeze some more power from injectors of any size

but are needed more at higher power when stock reg is to restrictive but the gtir reg is very good compared to some

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
SARD RJ comes recommended but some people find that they don't work that well and much prefer the Bosch FPR.

Either way unless you are running silly boost and actually require an uprated one, i would look for a 2nd hand Standard FPR..

Rishi

Rage

Hmm. My problem is that my car is using 1.5 to 2 liter each 10km :(
Some suggested that I should try replace the FRP, but what do you guys think? Even when running standard boost on standard turbo the fuel consumption is 1.5 liters \ 10km.
Vacumleak maybe?