Recircing HKS SQV

skiddusmarkus

I have an HKS SQV and just swapped the triple vane fitting for a recirc one(boght off ebay about 100 years ago).I bought a 3" air intake from on here and have 2 questions about this:

1.The intake has a lug suitable for recircing but it is situated in such a place that it will either be 15 cm away from the compressor or 15cm from the MAF depending which way you have it.Which should it be closer to?If its too close to the MAF does it risk interfering with the reading(Z32 MAF).If its too close to the compressor can it cause issues with dumping pressurised air too close to it?

2.The recirc fitment on the SQV and the lug are different diameters but by a stroke of luck and me being a squirrel and never throwing anything useful away I have some Samco piping(approx 20mm bore) that will go over the lug(internal diameter approx 12mm) and fits tightly inside the recirc adapterinternal diameter approx 25mm).Is there enough pressure to blow the piping out of the SQV or will the lug be the path of least resistance despite being of a smaller diameter?

skiddusmarkus

Thanks Smo, its quite a beefy recirc pipe.

I'm planning on running 1.6bar max or so but as the BOV releases this air from a 1" hole does it increase the pressure much?If it does then this would be amplified by the samco hoses' even smaller bore I am considering using between the SQV and the air intake.

skiddusmarkus

NVM, I bought some 1" alloy pipe to weld onto the pipe and some 25mm silicon hose to join it up.

Had it done now, I also had a lug cut off and welded up at the same time.Think it must have been for a sensor or something as certainly wasn't big enough for a recirc.I tried to get it coming into the pipe at approx 45 degrees and below the level of the MAF so it can only really go down to the turbo inlet.
I bought a 76mm>51mm reducer(to connect to the compressor inlet) off ebay for about £8 and solved the clearance issues I mentioned in another thread.

Last edited: