Recirc dump valve Q?

Sweeny

I have a recirc dump acting as a atmospheric one, but i wanna turn it back into a recirc.

I would use a hose to join the breather inlet on the air filter pipe to the dump but its taken up by my oil catch.

So if i get an air filter that has a breather inlet on it and connect the dump to it, would this work?

But this means the recirced air is goin back into the system before the maf, is this bad?

Iirc in a previous post this was stated by someone 'The outlet of the recirc goes back into the intake pipe after the afm but before the turbo'.

Cheers.

James.

zia

defo don,t want it before maf because the air quantity has already be calculated will give incorrect load readimg to ecu.just join it after the maf.

zia

K

KevShek

they say you need it about 18 inches away from after the MAF to avoid any blow back, but in some cases like mine, the inlet tube from MAF to turbo aint even 18 inches! but the best thing to do is get a piece of pipe welded at an angle so the airflow points towards the turbo.

My inlet pipe is stepped, so it was ideal to point the flow directly at the impellers which would keep them spinning.