rebuild

SickBoy

Depends how long you want to be with out your "R" ???

Some reputable tuners/builders have been know to have your car for a good year or so :lol:

Lee

Carlb

well i need it to get to work so im limited on time!
would it be much cheaper if i remove and refit the engine myself or is it not worth bothering?
i just want it to be striped checked and adjusted if possible but i want forged pistons and a uprated head gasket also i have got a quote of dp motorsport are they any good? they said they would only need the car for ten days

deank93

You'll find mixed feedback regarding DP and most tuners to be honest....i'm sure i speak for a fair few club members when i say you would be better going to an engine builder rather than tuner as they will be cheaper for one thing.

If i was you i'd take out my own engine, with the money i save buy a little run around and make sure the job is getting done by the right people at the right price rather than rush into anything you may regret.

I'd also pm Rishi, he has good connections and would be able to offer good impartial advice.

C

carpy100

dont go to a tuner! the tuner that built mine is currently having his third attempt at building it properly :shock: only managed to get 700 miles out of it so far on the previous 2 builds!
go to a builder that somebody respected on here recommends.
if you dont you will most probably regret it.