rear toe adjustment

O

Odin

Has anybody done this themself's?.

I'm looking for info on what are the best setting's for the gti-r with a 30mm drop in ride hight and a full set of polly bushes fitted.

rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
neutral toe at the back unless you have a problem with power on/ lift off oversteer in which case combined 0.5 deg toe in would help. Generally power oversteer in an R is not a big problem due to its tendancy to understeer.

If you like power oversteer or lift off oversteer, follow the whiteline settings and toe out at the back :shock:

See my link in the handling info for reasons why you might want toe out/in..... and then leave it neutral :wink:

Cheers,
Jim.

O

Odin

I have it set neutral at the moment, but this isn't the way nissan had it set up.

rob

turblio

Mine is set at neutral at the rear with negative at the front makes mine understeer a lot less, and a bit of rear out on roundabouts :shock: :p

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Rob,
just been checking the settings in the manual I got off Steve today. Nissan settings are 1-3mm toe in and -0.55 to +0.35 camber

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Put it neutral at the rear and err on the toe in if you can't be 100%accurate.

If you've gor a problem with power oversteer, toe in at the back, if you want the car to have better turn in and to unstable the back, a little toe out at the front. If you want reasonable tyre wear, neutral all round.

Jim

O

Odin

I'll keep it neutral at the moment :wink: , And see what I think if I ever get the thing on the road again that is :cry: :cry: .

rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
vpulsar said:
I'll keep it neutral at the moment :wink: , And see what I think if I ever get the thing on the road again that is :cry: :cry: .

rob
I know that feeling, but next month it will be on the road :roll: :roll: