rear tail fuse

zia

has recent problem with rear tail light's fuse blowing, today it went bit further and toasted the wiring from fuse box to main block and beyond. so pulled it all out and rewired, removing the burnt section's. when putting it back togeather all good but. thought before going any further , been looking to see why it occured in the first place. well if you turn the side light's the fuse immdiately goes to earth (short circuit) trying to trace the bastard is hard without decent diagram have diagram from here.
http://www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir.htm

but there are no colour reference's. does gtir manual have the same diagram's with colour printed on the diagram's?
is there side/tail light relay somewhere?

zia

zia

sort of!!looking at where fuse no 6 goes to and the rest of the item's it supplies power to. at least i can see where all the plug's are. thank's stu.

zia

zia

thank's dude that's the one.!!!! that f.o.o.k.i.n green and redstripped wire was shishkeebabed!!! :lol: whoever did the wiring on the rear fog was right numpty as that what i think cuased it.

zia

BenD

ok i still dont seem to get any power to the dash and rear lights,

i can put a live feed on the blue/red wires and get them working, but that means that they are still on when the stalk is off :?

what colour wire needs to be earthed from the stereo wires, baring in mind i have no stereo :?:

BenD

ok i still dont seem to get any power to the dash and rear lights,

i can put a live feed on the blue/red wires and get them working, but that means that they are still on when the stalk is off :?

what colour wire needs to be earthed from the stereo wires, baring in mind i have no stereo :?:

McDaveMP5

Hello all.
I just received my R last week..... need to solve something similar.

Can someone recall finding a solution ? Here are the symptoms:
- fuse for tail lights blows as soon as I turn the lights on (just the first notch, e.g. that lights the tails, will burn the fuse)
- no interior (dash or console) lights working
- can't power on the stereo (factory one).

I would appreciate some pointers. Thank you.

--McDave

scott b

sounds like the earth for the headunit has been joined ti the illumination wire red and blue from memory this will be why the fuse keeps going run a seperate earth for the headunit, all should be ok