rear subframe mount

jamesgtir

im after advise please boys & girls
i had a go at removing my rear subframe at the weekend as ive got a powder coated/polybushed one to go on.
ive been sparaying the mounting nuts for about 3 weeks as i new they would be tight, so this weekend i thought id crack all the bolts and drop the lot on the floor.
this is when disaster struck, 3 of the mounting nuts came of without a problem when i came to the last one (o/s/f mount) the nut snapped off.
i thought thats no big deal i will just order a new mounting stud. apparently not the studs are part of the chassis & are welded in.
im wondering if anyone else has had this happen & what they did? i understand i can get a new section of chassis complete with mounting stud but this is on back order from nissan, (up to 3 bloody months) and its £221. is there another way around this with?
thanks
heres some pictures

sleeve on

sleeve off

it should look like this

ashills

maybe grind it off, drill it out then put a long bolt through with a sleve to make up the extra width at the top part

vss irvine

ill sell you a part of chassis with a stud in, then you can remove your old one and have the supplied stud welded in?

jamesgtir

ill sell you a part of chassis with a stud in, then you can remove your old one and have the supplied stud welded in?
this sounds brilliant martyn, i think this is the best way, just means i drop the subframe, exhaust and tank & weld the new section in. how much would for the new chassis section with stud?

jamesgtir

I'm after advise on this. Martyn has kindly cut me out the section with new stud. I'm just wondering what my best plan of attack is options are.
1. Drop the subframe, exhaust & tank and call out a moblile welder to weld the new section in (if they can do it)
2. Drive the car into somewhere. Bodyshop or welding place & let them sort it.

If anyone does no of any good welders or bodyshops in the Kent area could you let me no.

Thanks James