Rear Subframe Bushes

Jonnie R

Can anyone tell me if there are any rear subrame bushes which require the outer sleeve to be removed please?

I removed the original outer sleeves before powder coating the sub frame, just gone to fit the Powerflex bushes and there is a good 1-2mm play between the bush and subframe.

Is this a custom route now?

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
J

red reading

The car would hum like a bastid from the rear diff being solid mounted ,did'nt stop me doing it though,all i did was re-bush the subframe and then i align lock kitted it. you can get solid alumnium inserts but the subframe will be a pig to fit with these.

vss irvine

if you have any intention of using your car on the road, then DO NOT solid mount the subframe. (you'll regret it quickly!)

the powerflex bushes weren't tested properly and as such are not a correct fit (as you have to keep part of the old bushe) i think this isnt the right way to do it

the kit we do fits with the old steel sleeves removed and has proper inserts to make the subframe locate properly, so you actually dont even need the align kit.

drop me a pm if i can help you jonnie.

we have our own range of bushes in pre-production stage as we speak, hopefully be ready sometime in january.

it'll be a FULL car set, from radiator mounts to rack and exhaust mounts, and will also include polyurethane cv boots.

vss irvine

hopefully by the time theyre ready ill have a website available, where you'll be able to buy whatever you want from the range.

obviously oc members will get more discount than joe public