Rear strut brace

A

Anonymous

How much of a difference do these make? Worth the investment?

(Couldn't find specific info when searching)

cheers

J

J-GTi-R

Anything that stiffens up the the flexi shell of the 'R will have an improvement. Get all the braces you can, they'll transform the car.

A

Anonymous

Well I've not ever driven a Pulsar without one so I wouldn't really know how much of a difference they actually make!
However seeing as the R has power feed to the rear as well as the front and it has turrets as opposed to a w**ky torsion bar then its always going to be a good idea.
My E30 325i has a metal lined boot so its almost pointless to fit a rear strut brace in that case but the pulsar is a far more flexible car. Besides my Little R handles very well so I'd never take it off.
But each to their own as some people would prefer a more flexible ride such as Stig Blomquist.

Oh and they look cool!!

M

memski

Makes a hell of a difference. Of the 3 strut braces I've got on the car, I'd say the rear one is the best :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
3 strut braces? which is the third?

I just put my front and rear ones on last weekend, the car feels a little more rigid, but nothing massive, but then I've never had the confidence in the handling to thrash it round the corners ( to compare before and after) after it lost the back end twice last winter without warning :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ahhh, I didn't think of that as one. I'll be putting that on at the weekend maybe. :wink: