Rear number plate surround!

faz

Well, on my sunny, the horizontal plastic strip (that has the lights in) has cracked and a bit has broke off :( Looking pretty shit!

Was toying with the idea of finding the pulsar surround and changing them over (just to do something different, and I prefer the pulsar surround)

Any 1 tried this or know if it will be a simple enough swap? Not just physically fit but the lights etc.

Thanks! :wink:

J

jasegould

I think the actual tailgate is different so its not just a case of swopping the trims

G

GTI-R Kid

The tailgates are identical (except you'll have to drill a couple of holes for the bottom half of the Pulsar surround), and its only a matter of removing one and fitting the other. If i remember correctly theres only 2 wires that will need connecting so it should be fairly simple to do.

I'm doing the opposite on mine (going from Jap to Euro spec trim) and the only real work is filling a couple of holes (which can be done with rubber stoppers) 8)

C

caz

Yeah no difference at all. I changed my replica from uk to jap. Drilled a few extra holes and fiddled with the no plate wires to power 2 instead of one. I've seen a few jap cars converted to uk, and the just stuck a no plate over the holes.

faz

Rob, what you got planned for your surround? (the jap 1 your takin off?)

Thanks for the info! Its appreciated! :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

Dumped it a long time ago as i didn't think anyone would want it. :oops: You can pic them up easily enough in a scrap-yard though (i've seen plenty of them if you're having any trouble). :wink:

I might have a Jap surround going spare- toying with the idea of changing for the euro surround, cos it looks a lot lighter :idea: :!: Plus then i can use a normal uk plate of course.

When weight loss becomes an obsession... :roll: