rear hoses

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Well... that was a bit of a f*ck-up all-in-all; those aren't really the right sizes.

The 1" fits the back of the engine (the one that doesn't need the spring), but all my 3/4" bends are too big.
The 1/2" fits a few bit too...

I'll see if I can't find a use for them somewhere, but I think I'm going to need to off-load them.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just to add, whats wrong with just using new OE Nissan pipes?

Or are Nissan pipes three times the price as Samco's or simlar?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Samcos are allegedly stronger. I think the OE hoses have a bad rep for splitting, but I'd suggest that many of the hoses that do split could be origional hoses or many years old at least. So in answer to your question, nothing is wrong with using the origional hoses. Samco ones just look better and are probably expected to last longer.

geoff pine

Just to add, whats wrong with just using new OE Nissan pipes?

Or are Nissan pipes three times the price as Samco's or simlar?
I think the big one at the back was around the £35+vat i also replaced the small pipe on the power steering and that was about £13 +vat there seams no logic to Nissan's prices

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If I thought I could have got Nissan pipes any quicker, I would have. - Whether they're weaker than the Samco or not, new pipes will last longer than old ones!

To be honest, I was just trying to get something quickly and buying lengths of silicone water hose seemed to be the easiest way. - You've got to remember that without a car it's hard to get to somewhere like Halfords, let alone a Nissan dealership. Even then I didn't get them until the day the engine was going back in anyway... so made Geoff stand in the rain waiting for me to arse around with them.

Now that it's all back in, it's not so easy to replace any other hoses. I might wait until I do the oil next, then drop the coolant and swap some more of the hoses that I can reach with the lengths that I've got.