Rear camber adjustment

sohail_gtir

How do people adjust these? got my tracking done, front coilovers weren't the issue but the guy couldn't adjust the rears, cambor bolts will only adjust it a few degrees.

My rear right are 0.20' positive, should be between -1.45' -0.15'

Rear left are -0.23' again should be between -1.45' -0.15'

red reading

Grind the top strut and hub holes out to elongate them and you will get camber adjustment. There is no castor adjustment so you might want to change the thread title.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Didn't someone (maybe the bloke in Italy) make some adjustable rear control arms? - Would they work (if you could find a set; it was a limited run IIRC)?

As Danny says, there is no adjustment as standard; just like the fronts really only have toe-in/out adjustment as standard.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Are those readings with camber bolts? You are tenths of degrees out of spec, not degrees.

Are they fitted correctly in the top hole?

A simple trick to gain upto an extra 0.5 deg is to set the camber bolt to maximumum, slacken all the bolts on the top mount and bottom strut mount and then jack up the hub to put pressure on it all in the -ve camber direction. Tighten top and bottom mounts and it might get you across the line.

Title adjusted.

lakeview

who did the work?a few years ago i had it done at somewhere like tyrespot or someplace like that couldnt get it right then took it to revolution motorsport who did what i wanted

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Whenever mine has been in, they take a look at it and say "there's no adjustment on the rear, but it's close-enough to the spec to not worry about", but that's without camber bolts; just standard struts.

sohail_gtir

Didn't put any camber bolts on, i know the can't be adjusted but thought 20 years later there might be a mod that can sought this, took my car for a blast today and its very skittish even at 40 into a roundabout, car pulls to the left on straight, everything is recon'd or new, poly bushed everything and its the last thing i wanted, i've got 18 inch wheels on, offset 23 with 20mm hubcentric spacers, (car has wider arches, looks daft on 17's) plus the steering is really heavy, been bled and the rack is a recon

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
As has been said, grind the top of the two holes that hold the strut to the hub carrier and you can adjust for camber. And if the car is skittish did they set it up with any toe in?