Real Z32 Vs Fake Z32

Fusion Ed

Have a look...

One is built nicely and has a copper screen to prevent interference from ignition coils etc, and the other is held together by glue, has no protection from RFI at all, and appears to be massively simplified cheap components (its scratched off so I cant tell). looks like it was soldered by a 4 year old

Avoid the fake ones at all cost...

Last edited:

shroom

thanks for that mate, I was toying with the idea as they are some what cheaper but went for the real one in the end, glad I did :)

Fusion Ed

The physical sensors are also different. It really does look identical from the outside when you ignore that fact, but yes avoid. Its no surprise this caused me trouble...

samgtr

yeah i bhought one of these from ebay, and my car has a blow thorugh set up and woudnt even start with this plugged so went for the Original in the end.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yeah, I hear that alot... fake orgasms from China; they're flooding the market!

Fusion Ed

hahaha comedy. Another thing I found out, which perhaps to some of you will be a bit controversial... The two middle pins on the real Z32 are exactly the same thing. They are internally joined... What does this mean to me? Well basically all important ECU sensors should share a common ground, that is they all go to the same place. On the GTiR the common ground is the two earth points on the inlet manifold.

The reason for this is to reduce noise and also problems associated with earth loops. (that is two earth points at different voltages causing noise/stray earth voltages etc).

So why do I say its controversial, basically there is a lot of talk about earthing the MAF to the car on the second earth wire. I would now say don't do this, or if you do run it back to the point on the intake manifold, but not anywhere else, it could in fact make any suspected problems with sensor issues etc worse.

darkyGTI-R

I wont be messing with any of my earth wires that's for damn sure love the pic for Feb on calender by the way!Sorry off topic!

P

pulsarboby

heres a strange one for you, fake or real z32?
i know btw, but its not like either of the first two pictured!

P

pulsarboby

corecccct lol
but in all fairness there was nothing wrong with this one other than the fact that it had a blow in the lid where it was run as a blowby and not reinforced in anyway.

this came from a guys car recently that we purchased that had been in to two tuners to be setup down in dorset and neither found the fault with car so the guy got so sick of paying out we ended up buying the car off him after he had spent a hell of a lot of money!

as soon as i tried to rev the car the problem became apparent that the lid was lifting (only slightly) but enough to give similar symptoms as a boost pipe off and for pfc not too be able to gauge the afr's correctly, we bound the lid and prob solved.
then we stripped the car after fixing it:lol::lol:

P

pulsarboby

yeah are you smoking the ganga, you do come out with some weird shitl:lol::doh::?