RB26 Swap

gti-rb26

I am currently swaping an rb26 into my pulsar.

Here you may find information about the progress. Don´t hesitate to ask, if there are any questions.

First of all i breaked my R33 GTS-4 for the gearbox and the attesa system. I was adopting the wiring diagram of a R32 GTR to have a wiring idea.

then i could start by removing the sr20det and the interior.

I`ve done a special 3D adaption between my highlift jack and the RB26. So i was able to adjust the engine/gearbox to the right position in the bay. That should give me the time to design and weld the right support on which the engine will be mounted lately.

As you can see from the picture, i had to do a big cut out at the bulkhead. The RB26 is too long for the engine bay. Also i will have to replace the gearbox tunnel with the one from the skyline.

Actually i am upgrading the wishbone support, including extended support for the new engine.

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

Yeah good luck :).

Does it clear the steering rack ok?Looks like it will be RWD, not easier to put the engine behind the front seats and build a new bulkhead?

Please keep updating this thread, could be a good one :).

skiddusmarkus

Looking again, it does look like the driveshafts will come out under the rear turbo so roughly in line with the front wheels.I thought they'd be way further back than that.Might actually help weight distribution too compared to the standard unit.If only they'd made our engines inline it would have been a much better car.

watoga

Definitely keep the forum updated with this build. I'm very interested to see how you get on!

Good luck!
Dave

gti-rb26

Some more pictures

Here you can see the huge cut out of the bulkhead and the bottom panel.

29b.jpg

Also there are some pics from the cutted wishbone support which i will have to support in another way. There is very few space for the steering rack.

30b.jpg

here is the gearbox tunnel out of the skyline which will be welded into the pulsar.

31b.jpg

Last edited:

vss irvine

you should use the crossmember from a 200sx s14, the rack will bolt straight up to the gtir hubs.

you could also look at the fwd sunny as this has a small crossmember that the steering rack and wishbones bolt up to.

ive seen a rwd gtir that used s14 running gear. car was never finished

P

pulsarboby

haha jakobs waiting on me for a few special items to be sorted for him.
hes one very crazy austrian:lol: