raspy blowing noise after going to 1bar

mattygti-r

right installed boost controller adn other items yestday car was all fine before going to 1bar,

took it out to "self learn" on the controller (which required a redline)

got the car back and its "raspy" on tick over and boost sounds like a pile of ****

its got a mongoose on there, which i think istn in the best condition

how hard is it to fix / cost

a) manifold gasgets
b) turbo gasget (thou think this is ok)

any other ideas appreciated as after waiting 18months to go to 1bar its abit :roll:

car wont be driven until its sortd out,

J

John Mc

Manifold gasket is about ten quid and the turbo gaskets are thirty quid for the pair :wink:

I've got a spare manifold gasket and one of the turbo gaskets lying around somewhere that I bought and didn't need :wink: Not sure which gasket it is as I used one, I think it was the oblong gasket steel gasket I used and still have the other one.

mattygti-r

just gota wait for stu to have a look and check it out

i hope its the exhuast but its on tick over as well as on boost

:cry:

J

John Mc

Mine's the same mate on tickover it sounds sh!t, very noisy from the front of the car. Which is being caused by the exhaust blowing like a thai whore!

mattygti-r

John Mc said:
Mine's the same mate on tickover it sounds sh!t, very noisy from the front of the car. Which is being caused by the exhaust blowing like a thai whore!
yep its not a good sound :cry:

MarkTurbo

It could be the turbo elbow.

Its quite common for the nuts holding it on to vibrate loose :wink: It happened on mine once and it sounded like a tractor :lol:

geetee

so the rant about the quality of Mongoose exhausts was completely unfounded Matty??

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

mattygti-r

geetee said:
so the rant about the quality of Mongoose exhausts was completely unfounded Matty??

Cheers
GeeTee 8)
not quite they are shite in a way :lol: thou id still buy another one

in all honesty i did think it was the exhuast thou i have to say mongoose exhuasts are ok but i do think

a) they are made out of tin or something
b) they are quite cheap but i do expect them to last longer than 1year
c) their "Lifetime warranty" isnt worth a cent, esp if you buy the car with it on, but cest le vie