Rare rims

geetee

What is the "Cornering Fatigue Test"?

Can you call them and tape the conversation... ask them about the above and the "Coordinating test" (does this mean it matches your paint or just that the wheels aren't pissed?).

Only kidding mate.

Wheels look 8)

What size you going for?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

Wots the optimum offset for 7x15's on an R. Preferably something that wud fill the archs up

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Offset in the manual says 40mm, I have about a 33mm offset 7x16 Volk TE37s on and they fill the arches quite well.

ashills

ive ordered from the guy at rare rims i got teh te37 copies hes a very helpful bloke and can get good deals on tyres aswell
should get a gtir owners club discount aswell

A

Anonymous

The car is currently wearing some 16's, aint had them off yet so don't know the exact width. The are a jap split rim, and have 'minilite' centres. I was hoping to lower it onto a 15'' FAT rim. Something that wudn't look too small, hench the reason to get some decent width playing with offsets.

T

Toady

Im going for a set of sub-zero 16x7's with a 40mm offset. this was what he recommended as a guy he also supplies uses that rim on his hill climb R. but ive got to sell my 17's first and not too sure if the guy who WAS interested NOW has the money?!? :?

D

disco dave

wot r u doing toady those wheels suck ass try the redline ons there better than that subzero sheit

E

Edd

disco dave said:
wot r u doing toady those wheels suck bottom try the redline ons there better than that subzero sheit
never thought id agree with dave but i do :lol: :wink:

T

Toady

ooerr! i actually quite like them, ill check out the ones you mean- nothings set in stone yet anyway! :wink:

T

Toady

ashills- are they the grid ones your talking about?

Dave- i do really like the sdr/redline rims, but im going for a more rally car look than bling street car look. I quite like the gt3's too but only if they were in white! :?
as you know ive got some nice looking 17's on atm, but they dont really do the rally car look thing do they!? :lol:

D

disco dave

thing is ur car isnt a rally car and itl never be rallyed if u was going full rally slag u best strip it out stcker it up and raise the susnpensin and put 14s on it and itl look like a load of shit

T

Toady

yeah true but i dont tend to go proper rally slag style, the sub zero's imo look good and are light. still got your bumper on, but am in the process of putting bigger mesh on! :wink:

T

Toady

plus i want to have 16's or maybe even 15's, and i think the redlines only come in 17's and in silver. :wink:

ashills

the redline rims are a copy of the prodrive rally rims but only trouble with them is there a different offset than what teh gtir would normally have as these were what i was gonna get for pulsar may need a spacer or something not to sure
mine are teh grids which are the volks copies amazing how many people have asked if the are the volks lol

T

Toady

is there anyone on here thats good with playing with photos? ie re-arranging them with different wheels etc?

id like to see what the white sub zeros would look like on a black R? :wink: