Rally Show

olliecast

Excellent idea, this show is great and at a lovely venue (old lombard rally stage).

I'd be well up for it and happy to help with the organising if required

vss irvine

i agree, jts isnt really what our cars are about.

although it didnt have a sucessful career in rallying, it still competed!

olliecast

i agree, jts isnt really what our cars are about.

although it didnt have a sucessful career in rallying, it still competed!
Agreed, atleast it did compete.

I wonder how it`d have developed if there`d have been 10 iterations like that other car, erm, the name escapes me now :lol:

Be nice to get john or one of the rally boys to drive the stage too.
Did it rally in its first year of production? it could be its 21st birthday year event, as we all know thats a big one :thumbsup:

ollie

darkyGTI-R

I would be more than up for that John rallying is in my roots as my dad used to jallopy race now called auto grass and he also co driven for Andy Gwynn aka Gwynnyspeed he used to be a name in the peugeot 106 rally class around 10 years + long time now

John

I wonder how it`d have developed if there`d have been 10 iterations like that other car, erm, the name escapes me now :lol:

Did it rally in its first year of production? it could be its 21st birthday year event, as we all know thats a big one :thumbsup:

ollie
Started rallying in the WRC in mid 1991 and was as good as over in 1992 :doh:.

So next year would be its 20th birthday in terms of motorsport participation I guess.

saddler

ollie
your only getting one Anniversary from me.. lol

J

JeremyGti-r

The pulsar might not have done that well in the rally at the time but its still popular after twenty years. I dont think the Citroen C4 will be remembered as fondly in two decades even though its extremely successful as a rally car!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
This is a great idea Jon, brilliant :-D

this is what the car needs, the more we can draw it away from the chav market the better it will be for the car......

Another to attend might be Goodwood Festival of Speed in July, we could organise a meet there and perhaps a small team take part in the Hill climb event.