Rain getting in

apalmer

So the R has been on the drive for a couple of weeks, we've had bad weather. Whilst working on the car this weekend i noticed that the passenger floorpan carpet was soaked. I got the trim off and got my hand into the sound deadening underneath and this was dry.

My suspicion is that its a door seal, and the rain is running in through the door somehow. When i open the door after cleaning, the kickplate has water on it.

Common problem?

Any ideas folks?

-a

apalmer

My hinges are bad on both sides too, this was on a to do list. Wondering if this could be partly to blame?

Mine does the same. Have done some looking around on here and found it is a common problem. I found it to be coming in around the bottom of the windscreen seal area.

I had a simillar issue and eventually tracked it down to the rear light cluster leaking. The water would get into the light and then run into the foot well (my cars stripped)

apalmer

Interesting, i will have to have a look at that. I suppose the windscreen seal is logical, as is the door seal.

The last thing that i want is for the leak to start rusting components.

-a

Its worth checking, I checked/replaced the door seal, window seal, rear window, boot seal and windscreen and was getting pretty fed up with mopping water out of the car every time it rained.

PS Nice name, I'm also a Palmer :lol:

apalmer

I haven't called Nissan yet for the price of seals, does anyone know what they cost OEM, in know Bob probably has these for sale though.

Part numbers might be useful as well if anyone has these.

Second hand seals?

-a